Monday, March 24, 2008

Gruep Project

So my original idea for the group project was to make a semi-game where you are shown a poem that correlates with a picture. My first thought (read: example) was to take a Bill Shakespeare poem about a beautiful, tall, pale woman, and have a painting shown next to it, where there are several people in the picture, and where you click on the woman described to go to the next poem. I thought this wasn't a horrible idea - work could be divided into pictures and poems, or each group member could do a certain amount of pages. Yes, I was thinking it was probably the easiest idea, but it wasn't a bad one either.

When my idea met with some resistance to the group (it was too easy), I came up with the idea of playing with an old myth as a story starter, since the group was leaning towards making something like Galatea. This was met with more interest, and we evolved it into a game loosely based on the myth of Prometheus.

No comments: