Monday, February 18, 2008

Ideas for Digital Remix Project

So the only thing I can think of for my digital remix project
is to take an old movie that's fallen into public domain, something like "Mr. Arkadin", and match like 5 minutes of the film with a cartoon that's fallen into public domain. The guys who did the GI Joe spoofs seem to know what to do, but I'm having problems already...

I downloaded virtualdub, a program that lets me edit videos, but I can't figure out how to download movies from the Internet Archive or the Creative Commons site. As for audio, I downloaded Audacity, which I've used before, but I can't get it to record things that I'm playing on my computer. I know it can, but I can't figure out what's wrong or what I need to change to get it to do that. I think I need to call SigmaTel, my computer's audio card company. So as soon as I can figure out how to download these movies, then I think I'll be in business.

An alternate idea that I had was to use a public domain movie, something popular, like Citizen Kane, and use the audio and make it in The Movies video game. Might be entertaining...

No comments: